- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Following will have a new boss for season three.
Jennifer Johnson (Alcatraz) has been tapped as showrunner for the new season of Fox’s serial killer drama, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
She will take over day-to-day duties from creator Kevin Williamson, who will be prepping CBS’ freshman fall drama Stalker starring Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott. Williamson will remain an executive producer.
Recently, Williamson made a similar transition during the early seasons of The CW’s The Vampire Diaries, when he handed off reins to current showrunner/executive producer Julie Plec.
Johnson was a co-showrunner/executive producer on Fox’s short-lived 2012 serialized effort Alcatraz. Other producing credits include Lost, Cold Case, Reunion, Chase, Gang-Related and Touch.
The Following returns midseason.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day