- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Under Nuyorican Productions, the American Idol judge is developing an untitled hourlong drama project for the younger-female-skewing cable network centered on a lesbian couple, who already has several children, bringing a teenager into their home, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Lopez will serve as an executive producer on the project along with Simon Fields, Greg Gugliotta (Beautiful Girl), as well as co-creators/writers Peter Paige and Brad Bredeweg (Fly Girls).
Lopez has executive produced her share of television, with the likes of Univision’s Q’Viva: The Chosen and MTV’s Dancelife on her resume. She will also serve as an EP on the eight-episode aspirational series Amigas Inc., launching this fall on cable net Tres.
If the project is greenlighted to series, it would join ABC Family dramas targeted at millennials including Pretty Little Liars, Amy Sherman-Palladino‘s Bunheads, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Jane by Design and Switched at Birth.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day