- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Love Hewitt is returning to CBS.
The former Ghost Whisperer star is joining the 10th season of long-running procedural Criminal Minds as a new series regular, CBS announced Tuesday. She will first appear in the Oct. 1 season premiere.
Hewitt will play Kate Callahan, a seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
“We’re thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast,” said executive producer and showrunner Erica Messer in a statement. “Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season.”
Hewitt, who toplined Lifetime’s The Client List for two seasons, starred as Melinda Gordon in Ghost Whisperer for CBS, which wrapped its five-season run in 2010.
She joins an ensemble led by Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, A.J. Cook and Kirsten Vangsness. Jeanne Tripplehorn left the series after two seasons. ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios produces Criminal Minds.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams