- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The single graduating student on a tiny Massachusetts island is nonetheless receiving the star treatment.
Actress and comedian Jenny Slate will speak at this month’s graduation ceremony for Cuttyhunk Elementary School, a one-room schoolhouse on the island that has a year-round population of around 12.
Slate’s audience will be Gwen Lynch, this year’s lone graduate of the school that goes up to eighth grade, her family and other Cuttyhunk residents.
Michael Astrue, a summer resident who was in charge of finding a speaker, tells the Cape Cod Times that Slate is familiar with the island as a Massachusetts native.
Slate played Mona-Lisa Saperstein on Parks and Recreation and is a former Saturday Night Live castmember.
Astronaut Cady Coleman spoke at the graduation of Gwen’s brother, Carter, last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day