- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Colfer, who comes to THR and Billboard from Sundance TV, will lead video strategy across the company, overseeing video-related business development, content creation, programming and distribution. He will also work to grow THR and Billboard‘s branded content business.
He will report to Dan Strauss, THR and Billboard’s general manager of digital.
“Jeremy has a 360-degree understanding of the pivotal role video plays in the digital ecosystem,” Strauss said. “His experience in creating engaging content and working with leading brands and marketers will help The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard continue their explosive digital growth.”
Colfer is a seasoned TV and new media development veteran. He previously worked as a senior producer for branded content at Sundance TV, overseeing the development and strategy of branded content online and on-air. Before that, he was senior director and general manager of Official Comedy Network at Bedrocket Media Ventures. He also was a member of the content development team that launched Sony’s Crackle in 2007.
The hire comes weeks after THR won its first-ever Emmy for The Hollywood Reporter in Focus: The Wolf of Wall Street at the Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards on July 26. THR‘s upcoming Oscar roundtables will air on A+E Network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day