- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“If we happen to look at our phone and it’s 11:11, one of us always texts the other,” O’Connell, 37, said. “There’s two of us — Rebecca and I — and the two of our kids.”
So on Friday morning, when it hit 11:11 and 11 seconds, O’Connell and Romijn — who are in New York because O’Connell is starring in Broadway’s Seminar — headed over near the Hudson River for the intimate ceremony, during which O’Connell gave his wife, 39, a Lulu Guinness clutch she had been eyeing for a while.
“I didn’t think [renewing our vows] was gonna be so emotional, but it was … I think I was more emotional than my wife,” he admitted.
The only request Romijn had for their renewal was clothing with vertical stripes that looked like the date.
“She wanted us to wear corduroys somewhere. It’s the fabric of 11/11,” he said.
O’Connell most recently starred in CBS’ The Defenders and Romijn will appear on NBC’s Chuck.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live