- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jersey Shore Family Vacation is extending its time in the sun, as MTV has picked up a third season of the show.
The renewal comes as little surprise, as the unscripted effort is the cabler’s top-rated series and has helped MTV to a run of ratings growth.
Jersey Shore Family Vacation wraps its second season Thursday night; season three is set to air sometime in 2019.
Season two is averaging a 0.7 rating among adults 18-49 for initial airings; it typically doubles with a week of delayed viewing. That’s down some from its first season earlier in the year, but still in the upper echelons of cable unscripted shows; along with VH1’s Love & Hip Hop franchise and a couple of Bravo’s Real Housewives series and Below Deck, it is among the top-rated unscripted shows on cable.
Jersey Shore Family Vacation premiered in April and immediately became MTV’s top-rated series. The network greenlit a second season prior to the show’s debut and got it on the air in August, less than two months after season one wrapped.
The series has helped fuel several quarters of ratings growth at MTV. The Viacom channel has posted growth among its core 18-34 audience and the broader 18-49 demographic for five straight quarters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day