- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following Jersey Shore’s record breaking season four premiere, the MTV series couldn’t hold on to all 8.8 million viewers from last week.
Airing its second episode on Thursday, Aug. 11, Jersey Shore pulled in 7.4 mil viewers. The program still remained the evening’s most watched cable broadcast, even besting the GOP debate with 5.053 mil total viewers on Fox News Channel.
Jersey Shore was also the night’s number one show among the 12-34 demographic.
Within that demo, Shore now holds the top 15 non-sports slots among cable telecasts this year. It was also named one of the top cable shows watched by men in The Hollywood Reporter’s “What Men Watch,” featured in this week’s magazine.
Jersey Shore’s most watched episode still remains a Jan. 20, 2011 telecast in which Snooki was released from jail and Deena met a Ronnie look-a-like, averaging 8.9 mil viewers.
The Aug. 11 episode of Jersey Shore sparked a Twitter frenzy, after Vinny and Pauly D repeatedly joked, “she’s too young for you, bro!” in response to the young girls that frequent the Italian club scene.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day