- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the final episode of season six airing days before Christmas, Jersey Shore rose to 3.1 million total viewers, up from a handful of previous episodes, but still becoming the least-watched finale for the franchise.
The series finale audience dropped nearly 2 million from the season premiere, which averaged 4.7 million viewers in October.
Among the persons 12-34 demo, the final airing of Jersey Shore drew a 2.8 rating.
At the height of its popularity, Jersey Shore — which launched in 2009 — averaged nearly 9 million viewers.
The cable network has kept in business with several members of the cast, with season two of Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jenni “JWoww” Farley‘s series premiering next month and The Pauly D Project, which aired earlier this year.
MTV is looking to fill the Jersey Shore void with another controversial series, Buckwild, which will take over the show’s Thursday time slot in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day