- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
2010 will not end with the sight of Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi dropping out of a ball on New Year’s Eve in Times Square.
The co-producers of Times Square New Year’s Eve said in a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter that the Jersey Shore star’s year-ending idea had been denied.
The request “came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events,” the statement reads.
The co-producers were clear that the Snooki ball would not have been “the actual New Year’s ball in Times Square” made famous in the annual New Year’s countdown.
But even “the request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof” was not allowed.
MTV had planned to not only feature Snooki, but the other castmembers of the hit reality show who were planning to lead the crowd in a massive fist pumping demonstration — an attempt to break a Guinness world record.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day