- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Crossing Jordan star Jill Hennessy has nabbed a lead role in the Comedy Central family comedy Crawford.
Hennessy will play Cynthia, an award-winning cereal executive struggling to deal with the stress of juggling work with the needs of her husband and family. The actress’ TV roles include Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, Law & Order and HBO’s Luck.
The ensemble cast of Crawford includes Kyle Mac, Daniel Davis Yang, Alice Moran and John Carroll Lynch.
Production on 13 episodes has started in Toronto ahead of a winter 2018 launch on the CBC in Canada. Produced by Rabbit Square Productions for the CBC in Canada and Comedy Central in the U.S., Crawford is executive produced by Laura Michalchyshyn and Mike Clattenburg, who created the Trailer Park Boys mockumentary series now streaming on Netflix.
Created by Clattenburg, Crawford has Lynch cast as Owen, the family patriarch and former police chief, with Mac playing Don, who crashes at his parents’ home after being dropped by his music label.
The series is written by Clattenburg, Mike O’Neill, Zoe Whittall, Kathleen Phillips-Locke, Monica Heisey and Timm Hannebohm. Content Media is handling international sales of Crawford.
Hennessy is represented by APA and More/Medavoy Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day