- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sometimes meeting the object of your obsession doesn’t go as smoothly as you’d hope.
Workaholics actress Jillian Bell revealed on Tuesday night’s Conan that she used to be “obsessed” with Justin Timberlake and met the frequent Saturday Night Live host while she was working on the NBC sketch comedy show. It was pretty awkward.
Bell said she was writing a sketch with Kristen Wiig when Timberlake walked in. Bell said she knows exactly what date and time Timberlake was born. “I was obsessed,” she said. “Yeah, it’s weird. It’s creepy.”
She recalled Wiig and Timberlake talking about how good Wiig’s butt looked on a MacGruber poster.
“This is when I’m like, ‘Pipe in. Say anything,'” Bell said. “So, they’re just like, ‘Look at that butt,’ and I look up and I go, ‘Yeah, put a penis in that butt.'”
She said she immediately looked down after that comment and the reaction in the room was “a polite chuckle, and then a change of subject.”
But more awkwardness ensued as Bell eventually asked Timberlake out on a date. Watch below to see how he responded.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
THR Cover Story
The Fien Print