- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The former ABC Family is teaming with the Emmy-winning actor to develop single-camera comedy The Monarchy Is Going to Sh*t, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The comedy, developed on spec and scoring a script commitment from Freeform, centers on the Monarchy of Andova, which is thrust into disarray when the king’s newly discovered illegitimate son is named as the rightful heir to the throne, effectively seizing the title from the king’s daughter, who has prepared her entire life to become the nation’s first reigning queen.
Parsons and his partner and That’s Wonderful cohort Todd Spiewak will exec produce the comedy, which will be written and co-executive produced by Amy Reed. From Warner Horizon Television, That’s Wonderful head of development Eric Norsoph will oversee the project for the company.
This marks the latest sale for Parsons’ and Spiewak’s That’s Wonderful. The WBTV-based company also has single-camera comedy Lakeside VA set up at ABC and drama The Terranauts set up at The CW. Parsons additionally is attached to exec produce CBS’ Sheldon, a potential Big Bang Theory prequel series set up at CBS. That’s Wonderful is repped by CAA; Parsons is with CAA, Principal Entertainment and Gang Tyre. Reed is with CAA and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro