- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Olympic athletes received a special message from the Tonight Show host, Jimmy Fallon, on Thursday night’s episode. Lindsey Vonn reminded him he that he owed her a little pump-up before she heads into the Games. So, during his #WhyImSingle hashtags segment, Fallon read out a tweet from the skier about why she’s single.
“I’m single because I only have eyes for the Olympics,” Fallon read her tweet out. “Also, where’s my pep talk, coach?”
— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) February 7, 2018
As promised, the host delivered an intense pep talk to the entire U.S. Olympic team. But instead of a normal speech, Fallon took a cue from Shia LaBeouf.
In 2015, LaBeouf released a motivational speech titled “Just Do It,” where he aggressively yells in front of a green backdrop. After donning an Olympic onesie and a rattail just like LaBeouf’s, Fallon got into position. Almost move for move, he matched LaBeouf’s video – with a few added pantomimes of skiing, curling and figure skating.
“So, do it! Be the gold,” Fallon yelled. “Ski down the hill, speed skate, triple lutz, sweep the ice, curl! You’re the best, so be the best!” Vonn hasn’t yet responded to the speech, but she might be a little busy prepping for her last Olympics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
House of the Dragon