- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Viacom-owned cable network has picked up the series based on Fallon’s regular late-night bit featuring celebrities going head to head and lip synching the song of their choice in a battle for bragging rights.
In addition to serving as executive producers, Fallon, Krasinski and Merchant will appear and perform on Lip Sync Battle. The series will tape in January in New York for a bow on Thursday, April 2, 2015. Additional information about the show’s host and participating talent will be announced later.
Spike’s Lip Sync Battle hails from Fallon’s Eight Million Plus Productions, Krasinski, Stephen, Rick Schwartz of Eight Million Plus, Jay Peterson of Matador and Casey Patterson, exec vp talent development and production at Viacom Entertainment Group. Emmy-winning Beth McCarthy-Miller (Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, The Sound of Music Live, Modern Family) will direct.
“Lip sync battling is one of the coolest things happening in pop culture right now and already has a huge fan base thanks to the amazing talent involved,” Patterson said. “We’re thrilled to be in business with producers as talented as Jimmy, John and Stephen as Spike broadens its programming in new and exciting ways.”
Check out Fallon going head-to-head with Emma Stone below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day