- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Trading out mentions of horseback riding for 2020 campaign issues — from Trump’s proposed border wall to Sanders’ Medicare for All bill — “Old Town Hall” was shot in the style of a classic western or silent film.
Fallon also poked fun at the 77-year-old senator’s age, and the fact that if Sanders becomes president, he’d be the oldest person ever elected to the office.
“Everybody’s asking somethin’ / But I can’t hear nothin,'” Fallon raps, adding other quips like, “Got a few frustrations / With these corporations / You can call me Grandpa / I’mma spank the nation” and “Gotta chance to see / Mayor Pete’s ID / We’re both born in ’83 / But in different centuries.”
But Pete Buttigieg wasn’t the only 2020 Democratic hopeful who was mentioned.
“Biden, Beto, Kamala and Klobuchar / Add up all their ages, he’s still older by far,” The Roots’ Tariq Trotter rapped alongside Fallon. “We’ve got a decision and the field is getting crowded / But just don’t forget Bernie Sanders is the loudest.”
The bit ended with Sanders riding off on a scooter chair, wielding a stick horse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day