- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Tonight Show host is penning a children’s board book, Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada.
The book was inspired by Fallon’s attempts to get daughter Winnie Rose to say “dada” as her first word, only to have her utter “mama” instead. It’s a humorous tale of a father trying to coax his daughter into saying “dada” on an adventure that includes meeting all sorts of fun animals.
Winnie Rose, born in July 2013, is Fallon’s first child with wife Nancy Juvonen Fallon.
Board books are very young children’s books, printed on thick paperboard (to withstand the abuse of infants and toddlers), usually about 12-16 pages long and with around 500 words or so.
This is Fallon’s second board book. The first, Snowball Fight, about kids having fun when school is canceled for snow, came out in 2005. He’s also the author of a couple of funny books for adults — Thank You Notes and Thank You Notes 2 — that were based on skits from his late night TV show.
Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada goes on sale June 9. The news was first reported by People.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day