- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Damon memorably took over Kimmel’s ABC late-night talker on Jan. 23, 2013, temporarily renamed Jimmy Kimmel Sucks!, which featured a star-studded hour that included appearances by Andy Garcia, Sheryl Crow, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams, Nicole Kidman, Gary Oldman, Amy Adams, Reese Witherspoon and Demi Moore. For the entirety of the hour, Kimmel was gagged and tied to a chair.
When Damon makes his anticipated return on Thursday, Feb. 6, alongside his Monuments Men castmates, things are still very tense between Damon and Kimmel. The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a first-look photo at the awkward reunion, where Damon has been relegated to a baby chair — and is the farthest away from Kimmel. Clearly, time hasn’t healed all wounds. (Watch a brief preview of the baby chair gag.)
If that wasn’t enough, Kimmel will do another installment of “Mean Tweets,” this time with a tweet from his own Twitter handle, @jimmykimmel. In the clip, Kimmel bashes Damon, though the Oscar winner has the last laugh (yoga pants!).
George Clooney, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Bob Balaban and Cate Blanchett also appear on the episode, which airs opposite Jay Leno‘s Tonight Show swan song.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina