- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Explaining that the day was a lot of fun, Kimmel ran a super cut of various news outlets reacting to the news that he was behind the popular clip or the “Milli Vanilli of YouTube videos,” as Kimmel referred to it on Wednesday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
After the reaction clip, which featured several people saying they were upset that the video was fake, Kimmel apologized.
“I’m sorry that the girl in yoga pants didn’t suffer third-degree burns,” he said, referring to an incident in the video. “I feel terrible about that.”
But he insisted that this prank “doesn’t mean everything on the Internet is fake.”
“Porn is real,” he noted.
Kimmel continued to poke fun at the reaction to his stunt, sarcastically suggesting that it may have been part of a massive conspiracy theory.
“Who knows how deep this goes. Maybe I don’t even exist. Maybe what you know as Jimmy Kimmel is just a mannequin head on top of a bunch of raccoons.”
But don’t worry, Kimmel promised he’d never prank anyone again, which he said with a smirk.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day