- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Letterman will join Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Tracy Morgan as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! when the ABC host brings his late-night show to his hometown of Brooklyn for one week later this month. The move is a monumental one for Kimmel, who grew up wearing a Late Night With David Letterman jacket and would celebrate his birthday with a Late Night cake.
In fact, by the time Kimmel reached driving age, his first car, an Isuzu I-Mark, had a “L8Nite” vanity plate. “I mean, I’d draw Dave’s face on every book cover. I was like a teenage girl in love with him,” Kimmel joked during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in 2011. In a letter that is now framed in Kimmel’s office, Letterman declined the invitation to be his first guest.
JKL is set to broadcast from BAM — the Brooklyn Academy of Music — from Oct. 29 to Nov. 2, which will coincide with the newly minted Brooklyn Nets’ inaugural game at the new Barclays Center. The series of Brooklyn-based shows will also feature musical performances by Alicia Keys, Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, Vampire Weekend and The Avett Brothers with the Brooklyn Philharmonic, as well as a tour of his old neighborhood and childhood home.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day