- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel invited three of Los Angeles’ top young spellers to his eponymous ABC late-night show on Monday to participate in a spelling bee inspired by President Donald Trump’s constant mistakes and typos.
“This is not an ordinary spelling bee,” Kimmel said. “This spelling bee is presidential, which means you’ll be asked to spell the words I give you not the way the liberal leftist dictionary spells them, but rather the way our president does, President Donald Jesus Trump.”
The “Make America Grate Again Spelling Bee” prompted the fourth-, fifth- and sixth-graders to spell words as Trump does, rather than the correct way. “Ridiculous,” “unprecedented” and “tap” — all of which Trump has incorrectly spelled before — were among those selected.
The host rewarded the participants with $100 for each word spelled correctly, though that proved to be quite challenging.
As an added bonus, Kimmel’s right-hand man Guillermo Rodriguez dressed up as a bee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day