- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel is heading home.
ABC’s late night host announced on Live! with Kelly Monday that he’ll be uprooting Jimmy Kimmel Live to his native Brooklyn for a week of shows beginning Oct. 29. The move is set to coincide with the inaugural season of the newly minted Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center, with Kimmel broadcasting from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM).
Kimmel, who hosted the White House Correspondents Dinner in late April, is currently in New York for his annual – and famed — skewering at ABC’s upfront presentation to Madison Avenue buyers. Who will turn up as guests for the five original fall shows is being kept tightly guarded, if even known at this stage. What is known is that it will cap off a big fall for the ABC host, who has been tapped to emcee the Emmy Awards in late September.
The last time Kimmel traveled with the show was during Super Bowl XL, when he broadcast a week’s worth of episodes from downtown Detroit’s GEM theater. The 2006 road trip, which also included a post-game special, proved to be one of Kimmel’s highest rated weeks on record.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day