- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seventh time was the charm for Jimmy Kimmel.
The Live host, backed by an impressive roster of cameos, saw his annual Oscar special get its highest audience ever in its seventh outing.
Fast national ratings give Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards a 14 percent jump in viewers, averaging 5.1 million during the broadcast, up from 4.45 million the year before.
VIDEO: Jimmy Kimmel’s Oscar Special Includes A-List Trailer, ‘Oprah’s Book Club Fight Club’
The score among adults 18-49 was also up, by a lesser margin, moving 8 percent for 1.87 million viewers in the demo.
Altogether, it was the second strongest showing of JKL in the show’s history, with the 2006 Super Bowl leading into the series’ largest audience to date.
During the episode, Kimmel welcomed Oprah Winfrey (who helped him pitch absurd OWN series) and aired a spoof trailer, starring George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks and umpteen other actors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day