- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel is coming home.
No, not to The Man Show. And no, not Win Ben Stein’s Money, either. The Live! host is actually going home home, as in to Brooklyn, where he grew up worshipping David Letterman and will next week host five episodes of his own show — with Letterman set to take a turn as one of his guests.
Much of the Brooklyn of Kimmel’s childhood is transformed — there are skinny jeans, ironic mustaches, professional sports teams, and a world-record number of strollers — but from the looks of it, his home neighborhood of Mill Basin has a real old school charm.
In this exclusive clip, Kimmel takes his pal/security guard/comic foil Guillermo on a tour of the neighborhood, which now no longer has a beach (the city dredged that) but retains an old suburban feel along Jamaica Bay. Just taking a tour turns Kimmel into a big kid.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day