- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Smits is returning to ABC.
The NYPD Blue grad has signed on for a major recurring role on the upcoming fourth season of How to Get Away With Murder, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Smits‘ character will be a prominent figure in Annalise’s (Viola Davis) life and will have a key role in this season’s mystery. However, further details about his role are being kept under wraps.
The casting comes after the cancelation of Smits‘ two most recent efforts, Netflix’s pricey hip-hop drama The Get Down and Fox’s 24: Legacy reboot.
In addition to his five-season stint on NYPD Blue, the actor’s other credits include Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The West Wing and L.A. Law, for which he won an Emmy.
Thanks to the star power of recent Oscar winner Davis, the Shondaland drama How to Get Away With Murder has been able to lure impressive guest stars since its 2015 debut, including Oscar nominee Cicely Tyson and Oscar winner Marcia Gay Harden. Other new additions for season four include another NYPD Blue alum, Esai Morales, and Nicholas Gonzalez.
How to Get Away With Murder will return this fall on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day