- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ever wonder what goes on inside the minds of TV’s greatest minds?
Everything from what was studied in college and how they got into showrunning to 100 percent burnout rates and doing the job right is touched on. Others included in the film are Terence Winter, Jane Espenson, Andrew Marlowe, Leverage‘s Chris Downey and John Rogers, Bill Prady, Hart Hanson, Matthew Carnahan, Mike Kelley, Dee Johnson, Ronald D. Moore, Jonathan Nolan and Ali LeRoi.
The first trailer, released back in June 2011, featured interviews with Kurt Sutter, David Shore, Steven S. DeKnight and Mike Royce. And it’s DeKnight, who brings up the importance of Comic-Con, calling it an “important” moment when “writers are out in the forefront now just like actors and directors.” “This is a little bit like a rock concert for a showrunner,” adds DeKnight.
Some other soundbites:
- Revenge’s Kelley: “I try not to get caught up in ratings, but I do read other people’s ratings.”
- Whedon: “I’ve probably spoken out against the networks three times in my career and yet now I find that I’m this hothead maverick, which is amazing because I’m afraid of 4-year-olds.”
Des Doyle directs, with John Wallace and Ryan Patrick McGuffey producing. A Kickstarter campaign was recently launched to help fund the project.
Watch the new trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day