- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Appearing on Late Show With David Letterman, Rivers offered a recap of Sunday’s Academy Awards show and focused much of the short segment on the “Skyfall” singer’s weight.
“I met Adele,” she said, puffing up her face and extending her arms outward, like a bloated whale or full-blown blimp. The crowd was none too pleased, but Rivers, ever unbowed, shushed them. “She’s thin!” Rivers said, before adding, “What’s her song? ‘Rolling in the Deep’? She should add fried chicken.”
David Letterman simply watched with a muted grin, having seen this type of material for years. Rivers, for her part, made sure to get in one more blow.
“She sang live and said, ‘My throat, my throat, I don’t know if I can swallow.’ And I said, ‘Oh, you can swallow,'” she added.
Rivers, of course, has made a career out of taunting celebrities — including Adele. In October, upon the birth of Adele’s baby, Rivers tweeted, “Congratulations to Adele on the birth of her 68 pound 8 ounces bouncing baby boy,” and in June, she likened Christina Aguilera to a cow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day