- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JoAnna Garcia is checking in to Justin Kirk‘s wild comedy Animal Practice.
The Better With You actress has replaced Amy Huberman in NBC’s freshman comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Garcia most recently co-starred in CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti comedy opposite David Walton, which the network opted to pass on this season.
In Animal Practice, which will premiere in the fall on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., Garcia will play the female lead opposite Kirk’s House-like veterinarian George who loves animals but hates their owners. Garcia’s character shares a romantic history with George and is brought in to run the animal hospital where George holds court.
Brian Gatewoodpenned the pilot and will exec produce the Universal Television single-camera comedy alongside Alessandro Tanaka, Scott Armstrong, Ravi Nandan and Joe and Anthony Russo.
The comedy received a warm reception during NBC’s upfront presentation earlier this month in New York where Madison Avenue buyers seemed receptive to the show’s potentially broad appeal.
Garcia is repped by WME and John Carrabino Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day