- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JoAnna Garcia Swisher is returning to ABC.
The Once Upon a Time and Astronaut Wives Club alum has signed on for the network’s drama pilot The Gospel of Kevin, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project is described as a light hourlong about Kevin (Jason Ritter), a down-on-his-luck man who is tasked by God with a mission to save the world. Garcia Swisher will play Amy, who is recently widowed and happy to have her brother, Kevin, who recently tried to commit suicide, back in the family home.
The actress joins a cast that also includes fellow ABC vet Cristela Alonzo.
The Gospel of Kevin hails from Agent Carter duo Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, who penned the script and will executive produce the ABC Studios drama. Robert Atwood has also signed on as a producer, while Paul McGuigan (Designated Survivor) is attached to direct the pilot.
Garcia Swisher most recently reprised her role as Ariel on Once Upon a Time earlier this year following a recurring role on the Fox baseball series Pitch. Her other credits include The Mindy Project, Gossip Girl and Reba. She is repped by UTA and manager John Carrabino.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day