- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW’s music competition series The Next: Fame is at Your Doorstep has rounded out the cast of its mentors, tapping singer-actor Joe Jonas and rapper Nelly to serve alongside Gloria Estefan and John Rich.
The Next (previously The Star Next Door) hails from Queen Latifah and exec producers Dave Broome (The Biggest Loser) and Shakim Compere, will feature a nationwisde search for undiscovered artists on the bring of stardom.
The mentors will travel the country and immerse themselves in the lives and local culture of performers as they vie for a chance to represent their town on stage in front of America.
For Jonas, the project comes as he’s set to participate in Fox’s celebrity dating show The Choice. Nelly, meanwhile, will release his sixth studio album in the fall.
A premiere date has yet to be determined for The Next.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen