- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scarborough has been a frequent presence on Meet the Press both as a contributor and guest host. He was also known to have been lobbying, along with his Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski, for the host job that went to Chuck Todd.
Todd makes his debut on the venerable program on Sunday, succeeding David Gregory, who left the show and NBC last month.
While Scarborough will continue to host MSNBC’s Morning Joe, he will also offer political analysis on other NBC News programs, including Today, and join NBC News’ election coverage team.
“Joe has one of the best political minds in the NBC family,” Todd said in a statement. “His love of politics and passion for debate will guarantee the kind of robust conversation that has always been a hallmark of Meet the Press, and I look forward to the reported analysis he’ll bring to the table.”
Marisa Guthrie contributed to this report
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day