- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Three lead roles in an Apple drama series from Outlander‘s Ron Moore have been cast.
Joel Kinnaman, Sarah Jones and Michael Dorman have climbed aboard the untitled project, which will explore what would have happened if the global space race had never ended. The drama received a straight-to-series order in December as part of Apple’s sizable (but as yet unseen) push into scripted series.
Kinnaman (Altered Carbon, Amazon’s upcoming Hanna) will act in his third different series for a streaming provider by joining the Moore drama. He will play top astronaut Edward Baldwin.
Jones (Damnation, The Path) and Dorman (Patriot) will play Tracy and Gordo Stevens, a prominent NASA couple.
Moore is no stranger to sci-fi, having worked on several Star Trek series and films and having created the 2004-09 Battlestar Galactica series. He serves as creator, executive producer and writer of the Apple series along with Fargo veterans Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi. Maril Davis is also an executive producer. The show hails from Sony and Moore’s Tall Ship Productions.
Moore’s project is one of more than a dozen scripted series Apple has in development. The trillion-dollar company has yet to announce when or how it will distribute all of those projects.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day