- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two more familiar faces are jumping into ABC’s Splash — though they presumably won’t be getting very wet.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Joey Lawrence and Charissa Thompson will host the celebrity diving competition when it premieres March 19. Both already are members of the Disney family, with Lawrence starring in and executive producing ABC Family’s Melissa & Joey and Thompson hosting ESPN2’s SportsNation.
The duo join previously cast trainer Greg Louganis, judges Steve Foley and David Boudia and competitors Louie Anderson, Drake Bell, Chuy Bravo, Nicole Eggert, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Ndamukong Suh, Katherine Webb, Kendra Wilkinson, Rory Bushfield and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Based on the international format, Splash pits 10 celebrities against one another, diving from a daunting 10-meter platform and performing different stunts each week. ABC picked up Splash from Eyeworks USA’s JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson.
The entire Splash team is rehearsing in the Los Angeles area before relocating to Riverside Community College, where the series will be filmed.
Lawrence is repped by UTA and New Wave Entertainment, and Thompson is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day