- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Cena is set to host Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards.
The actor and WWE superstar is no strange to hosting awards ceremonies: He previously hosted the 2016 ESPY Awards and the 2016 Teen Choice Awards.
The Kids’ Choice Awards — where kids vote for the winners — will celebrate favorites in television, music, pop culture and animation. The awards, shown in more than 180 countries and territories, are an opportunity for kids to watch their favorite stars get slimed.
At the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, favorites such as Justin Bieber (favorite male singer), Fifth Harmony (favorite music group), Will Ferrell (favorite movie actor) and others took home awards. Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton also were slimed at the event.
The categories and presenters for 2017 will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
The 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards is produced by Nickelodeon Productions. Elizabeth Kelly, Michael Dempsey, Shelly Sumpter Gillyard and Jay Schmalholz are executive producers.
Held at the USC Galen Center in Los Angeles, the Kids’ Choice Awards will air live 8-9:30 p.m. ET (tape-delayed on the West Coast) on Saturday, March 11, on Nickelodeon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day