- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
On Wednesday night’s Late Show, John Cena helped Stephen Colbert prepare to fight a bully.
It seems the Ed Sullivan Theater is being plagued by a mean guy named Butch, who interrupted Colbert’s interview with guest John Cena to taunt the CBS host.
After calling Colbert “the Late Show dummy,” the “studio bully” proceeded to knock the host’s cards out of his hands. “How you gonna ask your stupid questions without your stupid cards? Dummy!” he goaded.
Butch threatened to beat up Colbert after the show, so the host enlisted Cena to get him in fighting shape.
A hilarious training montage ensued, with Cena teaching Colbert how to box and frost a cake, among other things.
“Thanks, man. I feel totally ripped and jacked,” Colbert told Cena, as Butch returned to the stage.
“You know, I couldn’t wait. So I’m just gonna pound you now,” Butch said.
Colbert responded, “Well, Butch, I’m ready for you.”
Will Colbert put his training to use? Watch the clip below to find out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Rachel Brosnahan on the Legacy ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Leaves Behind: “Stories Being Told About Women, by Women”
The Kelly Clarkson Show
Kelly Clarkson Says Daytime Show Move to New York Was “100 Percent” Her Decision
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing: Sadie Stanley Digs Into Y2K Murder Mystery in ‘Cruel Summer’ Season 2