- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Legend on Wednesday night led the “soul train” at BET’s Saving Our Selves: A BET COVID-19 Relief Effort special.
Dressed in a suave suit, yellow-tinted sunglasses and, yes, a full afro, the EGOT member delivered his brand-new tropical tune “Bigger Love” as a group of dancers (virtually) grooved to the happy melody.
“We got a one-way ticket love/ We ain’t going no place but up/ Nothing can stop this/ No one can top us/ We got a bigger love,” Legend sings in the tune, providing the uplifting message of love that we all need right now.
The two-hour broadcast, which can be seen here, was set to feature performances by Alicia Keys, Kirk Franklin, Fantasia, Jonathan McReynolds, Kelly Price, Tasha Cobbs, Le’Andria Johnson, Melvin Crispell III, Usher, Jhene Aiko, Chloe X Halle, CeeLo Green, H.E.R., Ella Mai, Jermaine Dupri, Ludacris, Swae Lee, Tyrese Gibson, Buju Banton, DJ D-Nice, SiR, D Smoke and Charlie Wilson.
BET has established a COVID-19 relief fund in partnership with United Way Worldwide to support African Americans who have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Donate here.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day