- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has handed out a pilot order to an untitled half-hour comedy project co-created by the comedian-actor based on his life as a husband, father and fish out of water living in the Upper West Side neighborhood in New York City. Leguizamo will star.
Woven into this world are his privileged wife, his friends from his life back in the Bronx, his mother and grandfather who try to keep him grounded in his Latin roots and his own kids who he worries are getting spoiled and losing touch with reality.
David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Jeff Golenberg will serve as executive producers on the comedy from ABC Studios and Mandeville.
This marks Leguizamo’s latest shot at ABC. Last year, the network attempted a do-over for his comedy pilot Kings of Van Nuys, based on a British format, that ultimately never received a series pickup.
Leguizamo’s project is in line with one of pilot season’s biggest trends, with semi-autobiographical premises garnering major interest at the networks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant