- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The only part of the news that was more entertaining was that Oliver said he was going to send the piece of movie history, along with a few other items of Crowe’s from assorted films, to the last remaining Blockbuster Video in Alaska.
Last Week Tonight paid $7,000 for the jockstrap, Oliver said.
Along with that piece, the HBO show bought a pair of shorts and robe from the 2005 boxing film. Also purchased were a hood Crowe wore in Robin Hood and a vest he wore in Les Miserables, among other items.
Before he revealed that his show bought the jockstrap, Oliver did a short piece on the news that all but one of the few remaining Blockbuster videos in the country — specifically in Alaska — recently closed.
With slower streaming services and more expensive rates in Alaska, the video stores will be able to exist far longer there than in the continental U.S.
Oliver said the final remaining Blockbuster had 48 hours to contact the show, and all the Crowe items would be the store’s for display.
— Last Week Tonight (@LastWeekTonight) April 16, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day