- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Oliver has helped to sell a lot of “Drumpf” hats.
Following The Last Week Tonight host’s infamous Donald Trump premiere episode in late February, the show has sold more than 50,000 “Make Donald Drumpf Again” hats from its online store, a rep for the premium cabler tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The Trump segment has proven to be one of the most popular — more than 26 million YouTube views — the show has had since it premiered in April 2014. Oliver attempted to uncouple Donald Trump the man from the Trump brand name by revealing “Drumpf” is reportedly the mogul’s family ancestral name.
And the “Make Donald Drumpf Again” hat was key to the episode, an obvious mockery of Trump’s ubiquitous “Make America Great Again” hats constantly worn on the campaign trail.
There are two versions of the “Drumpf” hat: a red one, which has sold 36,000, and a blue version, which has sold 17,000, the HBO rep stated in response to a query.
The hats, still available, are sold at cost “because we know nothing would irritate [Trump] more than someone choosing not to make a profit,” according to the show’s site. Due to the high demand, the site also noted, the price of a hat was lowered from $17.50 to $15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day