- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Stamos says he has no interest in replacing Charlie Sheen on the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men.
“I don’t want to replace anyone, especially Charlie Sheen,” he told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM show Friday, reports E! News. “It’s just not where my head is at.”
Stamos, who has been appearing on Fox’s Glee as of late, said being rumored to be in the running has “been very flattering, but nobody has officially talked to me and, quite frankly, as flattering as it is, it’s really not part of my career plan right now. I’m just on a different trajectory.”
He said the show belongs to Sheen (who was fired this week and is now suing Warner Bros and show co-creator Chuck Lorre for $100 million).
“Charlie is great on that show and people love Charlie on that show and people love the way the show is,” he said. “So, in the big scheme of things, apparently there’s a lawsuit going on, so I don’t know, but I hope it works out and I hope he goes back and people get the show that they love.”
Rob Lowe won’t be stepping into Sheen’s shoes, either.
Lowe, who recently joined the cast of NBC’s Parks and Recreation, has a “multiyear contract” with the network, producer Michael Schur said Wednesday.
Schur said there is “no truth” to the rumors of Lowe replacing Sheen on Men: “The Internet lit a match and set itself on fire.”
Nevertheless, the always unpredictable Sheen has endorsed Lowe to replace him. “Rob’s an old friend and a brilliant actor. And he’s a beautiful man,” he said earlier this week.
Sheen previously put down Stamos as his replacement: “He doesn’t have what I have.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day