- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Stamos is heading to USA.
The actor, who recurs on Ryan Murphy’s The New Normal and stars in the NBC drama pilot I Am Victor, has landed a major role on Necessary Roughness, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Stamos will play Connor McClane, founder of global sports and entertainment management company V3, who has the ability to recognize talent and nurture greatness. Connor will do anything to have Dr. Dani Santino (Callie Thorne) join the V3 company after seeing her success with the New York Hawks.
Created by Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro, Necessary Roughness follows a Long Island divorcee who works as a therapist for a professional football team. Mehcad Brooks, Scott Cohen and Marc Blucas co-star in the Sony TV production. Kevin Dowling serves as an executive producer, with Kruger and Shapiro.
The 10-episode season three will debut this summer.
Stamos is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment. He recently moderated the PaleyFest panel for New Normal, which wrapped production on season one this week. He has recently appeared in Glee and Broadway’s The Best Man and starred in ER, Full House and Jake in Progress.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live