- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Stamos is heading to NBC hopefully full time.
The actor, who’s currently recurring on The New Normal, is near a deal to star in the leading role in the network’s drama pilot I Am Victor, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on author Jo Nesbo’s upcoming book, the drama is described as House revolving around a high-powered divorce attorney named Victor Port with a unique view of relationships.
Stamos will play Victor Port, the most sought-after divorce attorney in L.A. who’s charming, brazen and direct and unapologetically says what most people think but dare not say.
The West Wing and Studio 60‘s Mark Goffman will pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television pilot alongside House‘s Katie Jacobs, Daniel Rappaport, Meghan Lyvers, Nesbo and Nicolas Salomonsson.
The casting brings the WME and Brillstein Entertainment-repped Broadway actor back to the network where he starred on ER. Stamos’ credits also include Glee and Jake in Progress.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day