- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Turturro is going to work with Apple.
The Emmy winner has joined the cast of Severance, a workplace thriller set to air on the tech giant’s TV+ streaming platform. He’ll star opposite Adam Scott and Patricia Arquette in the series, which comes from Endeavor Content and creator Dan Erickson.
Severance is a workplace drama set at a company called Lumen Industries that is looking to take work-life balance to the next level. Turturro will play Irving, a long-time, dependable employee at the company.
In addition to Turturro, Scott and Arquette, the cast for the series also features Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman), Tramell Tillman (Godfather of Harlem), Jen Tullock and Zach Cherry (HBO’s Crashing).
Erickson will executive produce with showrunner Mark Friedman (AMC’s Dispatches From Elsewhere). Ben Stiller is directing and exec producing via his Red Hour Productions; the company’s Nicky Weinstock and Jackie Cohn are also EPs, as is Chris Black. Arquette and Scott are producers.
Turturro is coming off HBO’s The Plot Against America. Other recent credits include The Jesus Rolls, limited series The Name of the Rose, Transformers: The Last Knight and HBO’s The Night Of, for which he earned an Emmy nomination. He’s repped by ICM Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day