- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday, The Daily Show host announced the launch of a $10 billion Kickstarter campaign to buy CNN. Stewart urged viewers to go to Letsbuycnn.com to contribute.
The site mimics a Kickstarter page, though without allowing users to actually contribute money toward the goal.
PHOTOS Summer TV Preview
“CNN, America’s first 24-hour cable news network, has been terrible for many, many years. Does it have to be that way? Who knows, maybe it does. So let’s find out for ourselves!” reads the site.
The actual Kickstarter.com does not feature Stewart’s CNN campaign.
Stewart got on the CNN kick after talking about Rupert Murdoch‘s overtures to buy CNN parent company Time Warner. Analysts say if successful, Murdoch would have to sell off CNN in order to avoid regulatory problems.
A rep for Kickstarter declined to comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day