- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First mocking the stage-show like press conference that special prosecutor Angela Corey held to announce that she was filing charges in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, Stewart and his correspondents then looked forward to what the host had called the “All-consuming media-gasm, Zimdecision 2012.”
John Oliver predicted that, “The media hoard will descend like locusts, a blight on all that the cloud passes over,” taking a cynical edge until, of course, he found out that there was already action in the case — then, he hightailed it to “Florida” to file his report. The gag’s point: coverage becomes a zombified race against the other networks to report the obvious.
He wasn’t alone: Wyatt Cenac then showed up, followed by the rest of the crew. After all, “they’re” calling it the Trial of the Millenium, even if Stewart doesn’t like it — which Samantha Bee then covered in her report on media over-saturation and jumping to conclusions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day