- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Stewart hosts A-listers and heads of state on The Daily Show regularly. But let’s be honest: There’s only one Benedict Cumberbatch.
“I have a lot of guests on the show,” Stewart told Cumberbatch Tuesday. “You’re the first guest where … I want to rip your clothes off and sell it on Ebay.”
There may also have been talk about Cumberbatch’s oiled-up backside. Cumberbatch took it graciously, going on to give a sincere and endearing account of why he wanted to portray Alan Turing in The Imitation Game, referring to him as a war hero and underappreciated genius who was ultimately betrayed by his country.
Stewart’s doe-eyed response?
“I guess it’d be the wrong time to ask you to marry me.” Stewart said to the recently engaged actor. “I wish you were at least less talented, or at least would lean over and whisper ‘I have eight nipples.’ Something that would help me get over this cat.”
Add Stewart to the list of broken hearts Cumberbatch has left in his wake.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day