- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“You kiss your mother with that mouth?” asked Stewart, laughing at Scalia’s use of phrases like “jiggery-pokery” and “pure applesauce.” He added, “Let us not say things we can never take back — or even understand.”
Stewart called the justice a “human dissentipede” who used an “old-man dictionary.” He also implied Scalia was a hypocrite for criticizing the Supreme Court for overstepping with its gay-marriage ruling but having “no problem telling people to f— off” when Scalia differed from voters on campaign-finance spending, ObamaCare or the Voting Rights Act.
“I feel bad for Scalia, I really do,” said Stewart with a smirk. In honor of “one of the worst Fridays” of Scalia’s life, Stewart extended a “gesture of sympathy” with a cartoon of Scalia’s “terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.” Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day