- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An increasingly animated Stewart noted Eastwood had already won best picture and best director (Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby) and that “the left-wing loons in Hollywood made the f—ing movie, and nominated it for best picture.”
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
“They didn’t even give the best picture to the best picture,” Stewart said as he indicated a poster for Boyhood. “For God’s sake, if nominations were based on liberal street cred,” he continued, before breaking down in tears as a poster for his directorial debut, Rosewater, popped up on screen.
Later in the program, Conan O’Brien paid his time slot competitor Stewart a visit.
O’Brien’s TBS show Conan became the first U.S. late night show to film in Cuba, with footage he shot set to air on March 3. He revealed that he nearly wasn’t allowed into the country, and that nobody recognized him until Canadian tourists outed him as a star. O’Brien went on to tell Jon Stewart he wanted to share his “shtick” with the people of Cuba, even though it was “getting pretty old” by this point.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day