- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Stewart and David Letterman joked about the Rick Sanchez controversy here Saturday evening as host of Comedy Central’s “Night Of Too Many Stars.”
CNN fired former anchor Sanchez Friday after he let loose on “The Daily Show” host and Jewish people in the media while appearing on the “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick” Sirius XM radio show.
Stewart brought up the issue in his opening monologue to “Stars,” which he hosted at Manhattan’s Beacon Theatre.
In talking about how people should donate for autism education, for which the show raises money, Stewart said: “If you went on radio and said the Jews control the media…you may want to hold on to your money.”
But if Sanchez was right about the Jews, Stewart also suggested, “All he has to do is apologize to us, and we’ll hire him back.”
The Sanchez topic came up again when Letterman made a surprise guest appearance. The late-night host told Stewart that he was just in the city “helping Rick Sanchez clean out his office.”
Even Tom Brokaw got in on the fun in an appearance later in the evening in which he took a jab at Sanchez as well.
The “Night Of Too Many Stars” will air on Comedy Central on Oct. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day