- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The job offers are already rolling in for Jon Stewart, who announced Tuesday that he’ll be leaving The Daily Show this year.
On Wednesday’s episode, he responded to a tweet from Arby’s advising him to fill out a job application.
Jon, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
— Arby’s (@Arbys) February 11, 2015
Stewart apparently isn’t a fan of the food.
“To work there would I have to handle, serve, touch eat or even look at what you so generously describe as food?” Stewart asked. “That’s right, Arby’s, this motherf—ing thing ain’t over. I do not accept your peace offering. We shall always be enemies! For while you are a worthy adversary, you shall be vanquished.”
Read more How Jon Stewart Earned His Moment of Zen
At the top of the show, he responded to the Internet’s grief over the news of his retirement.
“Last night I was perusing the Internet. I guess my question to you is, did I die?” he asked his audience. ” ‘Cause it all seems very ‘I died.’ “
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant
Behind The Screen